Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020

New beginnings.  New inspiration.  New challenges.  New dreams!!  Today is the first day of 2020.  I just finished entering my goals in my “Goal-Setting for 2020” form to get me on track for the year and keep me from getting distracted with daily routine, which causes me to ignore my goals.  Here are the components of my Goal-Setting form:

1.   List at least 3 good things about 2019.  List the things that made you happy, such as events and accomplishments.  If you have trouble remembering, scroll through your photos on your phone because you probably captured the best and happiest moments!

2.  List at least 3 disappointments about 2019.  List the times of sadness and regret, and include things that you wish you would have done or done differently.

3.  Can any of the disappointments be turned into goals?  List them.  You may be able to avoid repeating sad or regretful things.  You can change your mindset and turn a regret into a goal!

4.  List at least 3 things that you want to accomplish in your lifetime.  What are your dreams?  What do you want to accomplish in 2020?  What do you want to accomplish before 2025?

5.  Review the goals and dreams you listed in #3 and #4.  Choose some (or all) and list them on a page in the left column.  In the right-hand column, for each goal, list at least one step you can begin to take right now to move forward with accomplishing those goals.  As you move forward, you can add more steps, but it takes just one step to get started!

My often-repeated advice is to Be Intentional.  The best way to exercise intentionality is to write down your goals, using either the format above or your own goal-setting method, and make a plan.  Write down the steps you need to take.  Put goal dates on your calendar, if you think that will help.  Like 2019, this new year is going to come and go quickly.  It’s your choice to fill 2020 with strides toward your life goals, or you can wait until next year, or the next year, or the next decade.  It’s your choice!

God has given you a new day, and the time to focus on your goals and dreams is NOW.  Slow and steady action, even a little bit of action each day, will give you success in accomplishing your goals and dreams.

Happy New Year!!

Devotion

“Remain in me, as I also remain in you.  No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine.  Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.”  John 15:4 (NIV)

In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.  Psalm 5:3 (NIV)

Prayer:

Lord, this is a prayer for everyone who wants to set goals and accomplish their dreams.  I pray that you will help us today to begin 2020 with an intentional focus on setting our goals.  Please help us to set our goals, make a plan, and take action each and every day, if necessary, to move forward.  We acknowledge you as our Creator and Lord, who created each of us with a distinct purpose to fulfill in life and to glorify you.  I ask you to draw us nearer to you each and every day, and reveal your purpose for our lives as we pray, seek your guidance, and read your Word.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.



© 2020 Linda Lijewski


No comments:

Post a Comment